June 6, 2012

The Move

I blogged a couple of weeks ago about how we have officially made the move to the new house.  Here are some additional photos and memories from those first few days.


This was the last day before we made the final move.  We had moved all the furniture by now and just left the mattresses until we were ready to make the big transition.  Emma is having a snack while I pack up more boxes...and Nala is happy to have the company.

Ready to head to the new house with one of the last loads of stuff.  Emma was not in the mood for a picture but I took one anyway.



Nala was very confused about what was happening.  She meowed all the way to the new house.
After keeping Nala inside for two weeks to make sure she grew comfortable with her new surroundings, we let her outside to explore.  I'd say she looks right at home, wouldn't you? 


Emma's first night in a big girl bed.  I thought it would be a hard transition for her going from a toddler bed to a queen sized bed - but she proved me wrong again and took right to the new bed with zero problems.

She was so proud that she was in a BIG girl bed.  She is thrilled that her baby brother will be taking over her old bed.  She told me that she is going to teach him how to sleep in that bed.  I pray that he sleeps as well as she did in it!
Here she is posing with her doll before bed one night.  Mimi bought them matching pajamas.  She thought this was so cool.

Our first meal in the new house.


With my girl on Mother's Day.
Getting so big!


It was a hard move but we all love the new house and are finally getting settled.  None of us want to ever move again...it's way too much work!

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters