Last weekend we let Emma pick out a toy because she has been so good lately. She picked out a little pink puppy that came in a kennel with a whole bunch of doctor instruments. She is very into playing doctor lately so it was the perfect toy for her right now.
She named the puppy Pinky and loves her so much. Now she will all of a sudden say, "I need to be a doctor" and go get Pinky and her doctor kit. The doctor kit also comes with scissors and brushes for the dog so that you can groom her. Therefore, she has decided that not only is she a doctor but also a hair stylist. Sometimes she will pretend to be our doctor too. She listens to our heart, checks our ears, eyes, throat and reflexes...and then tells us to sit in the twirly chair for a haircut. She is full service!
Her favorite doctor instrument is the stethoscope. If she doesn't have this on, she doesn't think she is a doctor. Typically she will go through all the instruments and then tell me that I am okay and that all I need is a sucker and a sticker.
Her favorite doctor instrument is the stethoscope. If she doesn't have this on, she doesn't think she is a doctor. Typically she will go through all the instruments and then tell me that I am okay and that all I need is a sucker and a sticker.
![]() |
| Dr. Emma listening to Pinky's heartbeat. |
![]() |
| Riding the fire engine as we left the toy store. |
Looks like there may be a doctor in the family one day!




doctor AND hair stylist in ONE! Great idea!
ReplyDelete