June 20, 2012

Last and First

It was a sad goodbye on Friday to Emma's old daycare.  We will miss everyone so much but that commute was a killer in the mornings!  I made cupcakes for the occasion so her class could have a little goodbye party during snack time on Friday.

Good thing I got a before shot because they took a tumble on the way to school.  Apparently they still tasted okay though because every last cupcake was eaten.
For her special six friends who have with Emma from the beginning and her two teachers I put some Hershey's kisses and hugs into a cup.  Along with that I put a little note to say goodbye and signed  it"Hugs & Kisses" - Emma.
Ready to leave for her last day ( it is water play day of Friday, so they go dressed in swimsuits).  She was very excited for her last day because she knew that meant her first day at the new school was right around the corner.  She was so looking forward to meeting her new friends.  She was literally counting down the days.
And here is my big girl on Monday morning ready to start her new daycare.

Josh and I both went to pick her up that day because we wanted to see how her first day went.  She was over the moon about her first day and was hopping through the halls on the way to the car as she told us all about it.  She said her favorite part of the day was playing on the big playground.  A close second was that the ice cream truck comes on Mondays and she got to have a Popsicle.  She chose a yellow one with a pink center and she said it was yummy.  She also said she made lots of new friends and really likes her teachers.

I am so relieved that her first day went well.  I knew she was excited to go but a part of me was still worried that she didn't understand that her old classmates wouldn't be there to play with her.  As always, this transition was harder on me than it was on her.  I hope it always stays that way!!  

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters