January 3, 2011

TWO! - The Finale

For Emma's birthday, I had a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" Theme. I thought the theme was appropriate because:
a. Emma is our "very hungry" little girl
b. The book is one of her favorites - she loves counting all the things the caterpillar eats and she likes to stick her fingers in each of the holes.
c. I found the plates and cups at the store and they were too cute to pass up!

Here are some pictures from Thursday's celebration:

Yes, I clearly made this cake - don't judge me!


The cake table

The drink table

Food table - complete with my "caterpillar" centerpiece. The lollipops are
antennas...cute right?!


Me and the birthday girl taking a break to eat


Emma showing off her cat outfit with Josh watching her in the background
Emma pushed her baby around in the shopping cart for a while during the party. She didn't want baby to be left out.

My mom has a big pantry and Emma decided that it was her playhouse. Her favorite thing to do while we were visiting was to gather us up and shut us in there. This did not stop for the party! Here she has 6 of us held captive!!

This is me, Anne and Ashley trying to get out. Emma is trying to rally us back inside the pantry. She is very persistent!

Time for cake! She quite enjoyed everybody singing Happy Birthday to her.

Blowing out the candles

We were all amazed that she actually wore this birthday hat. I was not amazed that she wanted me to wear the other one. She thought it was hilarious that I put it on.

She ate almost this whole piece of cake. I guess I didn't too bad of a job baking it!
Time for presents! Here are a few of her favorite gifts...

Madame Alexander Baby doll

Jewelry box with a ballerina that twirls while it plays music

Baseball and glove from Dada. She didn't even want to keep opening presents after she opened this one. She knew just what to do with the glove. She stuck her hand out for me to help her get it on. Pictures of her and Josh playing ball outside to come in a later post.

Little People house

Flute - also notice that she has sunglasses and jeweled purple gloves on. She was so fancy.


After everybody left, me, Emma and Josh relaxed and watched Emma play with her new stuff. She was so happy during her party. It probably didn't hurt that she took a 3.5 hour nap that afternoon!!
Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters