January 22, 2011

Free At Last

I feel free! I have worked every day for the past three weeks, so it was amazing to finally be free today. I didn't check my email, I didn't call my voicemail at the office, I didn't do anything related to work. These past few weeks have been tough to say the least. But now they're over and I can relax and spend some time with the family.

So, what did I do on my first day off in weeks? First, I slept in. It was wonderful to not have an agenda and to wake up without an alarm. Josh and Emma went to run a few errands this morning and then I went to meet them for lunch. Since we were feeling crazy, we let Emma have some ice cream after lunch.

She enjoyed her treat thoroughly. And she thought she was pretty cool with her hood on.

She even let me have a few licks

Then we played outside for a little bit. Emma and Josh have on matching Bass Pro Shop hooded sweatshirts. So, when they were walking back to our house, I just had to snap a picture of them with their hoods on and hands in their pockets. Adorable!

Of course outside play time is never complete without playing with Nala. Here Emma is playing "stick" with Nala. The cat loves to attack a stick as you run it along the ground. Emma is till learning how to correctly play this game.

For now, Emma ends up hitting Nala with the stick more than anything. Thankfully Nala is a patient kitty because she doesn't seem to be upset by this.


There was also a lot of cleaning and straightening today. I would've done several loads of laundry too, but our dryer is broken! Josh has taken it apart and pinpointed the problem. He ordered the part and it will be here Thursday. I don't know if I can make it until Thursday to do laundry. More importantly, I don't know if I can go that long with dryer parts all over the kitchen. I have moved them all to one central location, but it's still chaotic. I will be counting down the days until Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see that you finally got a day off! I laughed at Emma playing with the cat...I could just picture her hitting poor Nala with that stick! So funny!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters