December 14, 2010

Lifesavers

On Monday I was scheduled to go out of town overnight to teach an all day class on Tuesday. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because Josh can easily take care of Emma without me. BUT that is not how it ended up working out...

Instead, it went a little something like this:
Josh {on the phone at 8:40 Monday morning}: "My boss just told me I have to catch a plane today at 3:30 and I won't get back until Tuesday at 9:30 pm."
Me: "Ummm...WHAT?! What are we going to do with Emma?"
Josh: "I know, I know...I'm in a panic."
Me: "Well obviously I only know of ONE person I can ask - but Jaime might not be able to pick up everything and take over on such short notice."
Josh: "Uh oh - what if she can't?"
Me: "I have no idea, but be thinking of Plan B. I'm calling her immediately...bye..."

It may not be evident from the typing but I was in complete panic mode! I was about to call my boss and tell him I had to cancel. As hundreds of scenarios were running through my head, I called Jaime immediately and bless her for calming me down and saying that she had it under control. Phew! Our lifesavers = JAIME and JOHN!! They came to our house and stayed the night with her. Not only did we get a babysitter for Emma, but we also got a house sitter AND a cat sitter. Amazing!

I did end up telling my boss that I had to leave by a certain time so that I would at least be able to pick Emma up from daycare. Of course he understood and said he'd make it happen. I was so happy to see that little face when I walked in her classroom today.

Here are a few photos that Jaime took of Emma & John playing with the fridge magnets. She looks pretty happy to me!

Big THANK YOU to you guys again!

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters