Emma calls her baby brother the Little Rascal. She is such a little mommy to him. Yesterday we were all in the room together and Emma got up to go the bathroom. As she was leaving the room she turned to us and said, "Mommy and Daddy, keep an eye out for my baby while I'm gone." So sweet!
Tonight when I was putting Emma to bed she said she had a question for me. I never know where these questions will go but I said that she could ask. She asked, "Can we keep my baby forever?" The way she asked was so innocent as if she really thought we may have to give him back to the hospital one day. When I told her we were keeping him forever and ever, she was so excited. She said, "Good - I love baby James." That melted me.
Tonight when I was putting Emma to bed she said she had a question for me. I never know where these questions will go but I said that she could ask. She asked, "Can we keep my baby forever?" The way she asked was so innocent as if she really thought we may have to give him back to the hospital one day. When I told her we were keeping him forever and ever, she was so excited. She said, "Good - I love baby James." That melted me.
Here is a picture of the little Mommy holding her baby from this past weekend during JD and Honey's visit.
Thank you to everyone who has commented, emailed and texted me tips on breastfeeding. James is doing much better now and I have officially gone three days exclusively nursing him. It's so nice to not wash bottles or the pump parts! He still falls asleep from time to time but I think that's bound to happen. I'm just happy that my toes don't curl when he latches on anymore.
Here is a picture of our big boy.



No comments:
Post a Comment