November 13, 2010

A Day

Saturday was one of those days that everything just went right. It might not have gone perfectly according to plan the whole day, but it always ended up great! It was just me and Emma because Josh was out of town for the day.

Although she didn't sleep late, she did sleep until 7:15 which isn't too bad. I made her some cheese toast for breakfast and we watched Little Einsteins. Amazing start to a day.

Then, she told me the magic words: "Poo Poo Momma." She went to her potty and went to the bathroom. Yay!

I didn't want us to be cooped up all day so I decided to brave the outlet mall by myself with a toddler. You know what? They do not open at 9:00. They open at 10:00. But we were there at 9:20. Hmmmm...this could have been a disaster. But nope. We strolled for about 10 minutes and then we found it...

They have a kid area!!

There were several other people and their children milling around as well. Apparently we were not the only ones who thought it should open at 9:00. Emma made quick friends with this little boy. He kept making himself fall over so that Emma would laugh. They were the only two kids in the play area, so they had THE best time running around. Crisis avoided.
After about an hour, I was ready to head out. I figured Emma had done so good that I didn't want to push my luck. BUT she didn't want to get out of the stroller! I said, "Emma, do you want to go back and shop more?" She said, "Shop momma." I was floored. I didn't argue! We went back for another hour!

Then it was time to eat. I decided to do something I had never done. I took her out to eat by myself. She was so good! I even had 2 different couples come up to me and tell me how good she was. She made friends with the waitresses, loved the sprite they brought her, and ate almost all of her fruit and her chicken. Success!

At the restaurant

We went the grocery store afterward and she didn't even ask to get out of the buggy. That NEVER happens anymore. I was able to shop through the whole store with no crying or whining. When I got to the checkout, she helped me put all my items on the counter. She felt like such a helper. It was so cute.

After her nap, she danced and sang with her karaoke machine while I cleaned out her closet/drawers. During the closet clean out, I came across her bows. I decided that she might finally have enough hair to use one. She does!!

3 comments:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters