May 8, 2014

Our Day

 In April, we had a fantastic day filled with nothing but fun and each other.  That morning, I took Emma to zoo...just because it sounded like a good idea.

On the zoo trip, we ventured to parts that we don't normally go to.  We went to the reptile house which Emma was all about.  I think she could tell that it made me squirm and she really enjoyed that.  She must get that from her father.

She also did some digging which I never even knew was at the zoo!

She milked a "cow"...

And they taught her all about harvesting food.

Then she and I went to eat lunch together.  Doesn't she look so grown up here?!

She ate all of her food so I let her pick out a treat.  She ate this ENTIRE cupcake in less than two minutes...not exaggerating.  How is that even possible for such a tiny person?  I guess she takes after her mom in the dessert department.

Meanwhile, back at home, James woke up from his nap and was having a great afternoon of hanging outside with Daddy.

 Some of the kids on our street heard that this was happening...

...and they all sprinted over.  A dump truck made a dirt delivery to our house and I'm pretty sure all the kids think we had this delivered for their climbing pleasure.

James also had a great time on Emma's old four wheeler.

Turns out that he is a dare devil...nobody is surprised by this video.

 It was such a good day that we ended it with ice cream.  I specifically remember saying to Josh, "Let's just eat it here because this is going to turn into a disaster if we try to drive home."  He responded, "Nah it's fine - let's go."  A picture is worth a thousand words folks...
All I can say about this is that I'm glad we were in his truck and not my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters