I can't seem to catch up on my blog posts, so I'm going to catch up by doing one big post for January, February and March combined. Here is our life in pictures for the first three months of the 2014...
January
James loves strolling Elmo all over the playroom.
I love these pictures of James crawling on Emma one Saturday morning.
I could just eat them up.
James was introduced to a new toy...that goes fast. Here is our neighbor, William, showing him how it's done.
Emma riding her scooter at the park.
My boys - James was tuckered out this day and fell right to sleep on the couch cuddled up to Daddy.
One of the few pictures that I have of my whole clan which includes Nala.
Snowpocalypse 2014, January 28 - Thankful I had Rachel and Alison to keep me company while we were stranded away from home and slept on the floor of our client's office. On the plus side, their office is attached to a mall. Everything was closed but thankfully JCPenny opened for a few hours so that we were at least able to snag these super snazzy outfits.
We walked around the mall in socks and in fact didn't wear shoes for days until we finally saw the light of day again. It is a memory that none of us will forget.
While I was stuck at the office, it took Josh 6 hours to get from work over to the daycare and then finally back home. I am so thankful that he was able to safely get them all back home. They had tons of fun in the snow. Apparently Emma was outside for two minutes when she started complaining that she was getting wet and cold. Her engineer of a father fixed that pretty quickly with what else but duct tape and plastic bags. Genius. Hey, at least she wasn't wet or cold!
James went out for a little bit as well and was soooo adorable in his coat and gloves. I wish I had been able to play in the snow with them!
February
Sweetheart Ball at Emma's school - Daddy/daughter date
She loves her Daddy so much - perfect Valentine's Day picture.
James loves being up on Josh's shoulders where he has a better view of things that he can get into.
Bouncing at Christian's birthday party.
The birthday boy blowing out his candles. I can't believe he turned TWO already!
We love when Sam comes to visit. We miss you Sam - come back soon!!
He still sleeps like this and I love it.
March
These kids love a trip to the zoo...James is partial to the giraffes.
He is so intent on the zebras. He is hanging on every word that Josh is saying to him.
It's as if he grew up right in front of my eyes...poof he's a big boy.
No trip to the zoo is complete without a carousel ride.
March 11 - Emma lost her first tooth AND her second tooth on the same day. The first one fell out at school as she was wiggling it during nap time. The second one was pulled by Josh because when it was time for bed she said her tooth was hurting her. So I asked her if she wanted to try to pull it and she said yes. Obviously I called Josh upstairs to do it...I didn't like pulling my own teeth, much less another person's.
Several of our neighbors got together for a cook out one night. The kids and adults had a ball.
James is officially out of a highchair now. We tried as hard as we could to keep him in one {especially at a restaurant} but he is trying to grow up too quickly and doesn't want any part of a highchair.
Look how still they are being...this never happens.
Swinging my baby.
In March, James went for his 18 month check up...here are my big boy's stats:
Weight: 28 lbs (85th percentile)
Height: 33 1/4 inches (90th percentile)
Head: 19 inches (50th - 75th percentile)
Eating ice cream with her friend, Harper. They are so cute together.
A lot happened over the past few months. I never know what is going to happen next. These kids absolutely keep me on my toes.


I love the duct tape and plastic bags on Emma's hands in the snow! My mother made my sisters and me do that with walmart bags around our shoes when it snowed one time and we didn't have boots. Grady has seen the pictures and laughs his head off at how funny we looked! So when I offered to fix him up with plastic bags this year when we got snow, he refused and said he didn't want to look silly. Good grief! :) Four years old and already embarrassed! Emma looked like she loved it!
ReplyDeleteI love the Durr Family!
ReplyDelete