March 20, 2013

Not a Good First

James had another first yesterday but it wasn't a good one!  I got the call from daycare that he had a fever of 101.2.  His first fever - poor baby.  His teacher said that before his fever started he was sleeping more than usual, eating less than usual and was a little bit fussy.  All of those are very irregular for him, so they knew something was up.  I took him to the doctor straight from daycare to see what was wrong.

Thankfully his ears and chest were clear, he has no cough or runny nose and they did some blood work just to rule everything else out and it came back negative.  This is just virus that will run its course in two to three days.  

I'm at home with the little guy today.  He doesn't look that sick to me!




But around 1:30 he started feeling not so great again.  He wouldn't even take his bottle, which he has NEVER done.  He just made the little cry that he makes when he is sleepy.  So I stood up, swayed him for about five seconds and he was out.  I pray that he gets over this quickly!  Emma can't wait for him to get better either.  It is absolutely killing her that she can't hug and squeeze him like usual. 

2 comments:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters