November 8, 2012

Two Months

Can you believe this little guy is already two months old?

I took him for his checkup on Monday and here are his stats:
Weight: 10 lbs. 10 oz. (10%)
Height: 22 inches (10%)
Head: 15.25 inches (50%)

During the checkup, the nurse could NOT get him to straighten his legs out.  He was not having it and he was letting us know that it was making him mad.  So, we know he is longer than 22 inches but we don't know how much more.  He's too long for the 0 - 3 month outfits though, so I know he's grown more than just one inch since he was born.  And like his big sister, he has a very large head.  The doctor said he's looking great and progressing perfectly.

I can't get enough sleeping pictures of this little angel.

Here are some details on his two months mark:
1.  He is still nursing about every 3 hours during the day.  At night, I feed him between 8:00 and 9:00 and he is now sleeping until about 5:00 am as of Tuesday!  It's amazing.  Emma never slept that long of a stretch at this age.
2.  He is such a happy and good baby.  We feel so blessed to have him join our family.
3.  When he laughs out loud, it's like a cackle.  He has startled me a few times with it because it is such a loud laugh!
4.  He sometimes falls asleep in my arms with his right eye slightly open.  Is he already paranoid?
5.  He refuses to be swaddled.  We tried a couple of times when we first brought him home but he fights it so much that we never tried again.  He likes his hands to be free.
6.  He LOVES his swing - thank God!
7.  He enjoys bath time and Emma likes to help me give him a bath.  She washes his legs and feet and I do the upper half.
8.  He can't get enough of riding in the car.  I think he looks forward to picking up Emma from school every day so that he can have that car ride and see all of her friends.
9.  Some of his happiest days are when he and I are on the go all day long.  Sometimes he sleeps and sometimes he is wide awake taking it all in.
10.  James is definitely a mommy's boy.  Rightfully so - I am the one with him 95% of the time and I feed him on average 7 hours out of every day.  So yeah, he's comfortable with me!  Although Emma loved being with me and was a great baby, she often could only be consoled by Daddy.  I guess it was my turn.

At two months old, he officially has been patriotic and joined me in voting on Tuesday.  He was so cute that they gave him his own sticker.

1 comment:

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters