My girl is getting so big! She is Miss Independent. These are some updates as of late:
1. Loves to dress herself including underwear, pants, socks, shirt (she mostly gets it on the correct way), and shoes (she can't tie them yet, but can wiggle into them if they are still tied and she knows which goes on which foot).
2. Gets up on and down off of the potty by herself. She still won't get out of bed on her own until Josh or myself walks upstairs and opens the door. Once we open the door, she will crawl out of bed. Why she won't get up by herself, we don't know. We have tried. I think it stems back to her first time in a big girl bed when I told her not to get up unless Mommy or Daddy was there to help her. At the time, it was a good idea.
3. Although she is prissy and very much a girly girl, she often is against me putting her hair in a ponytail or pigtails. Most mornings if I ask her, "Emma, do you want your hair up in two or one tails today?" Her usual response is, "Nothing. I don't want my hair up." And she's very adamant about it too. Don't try to tell her you're "just brushing" her hair because she KNOWS what you are up to!
4. She is really into BIG hugs and kisses lately which we just eat up. There is nothing better than walking in a room and seeing that little face light up and run towards you at light speed with a tackle and a hug. She also has started saying "I love you" much more frequently to us. We'll just be sitting there together eating and she'll say, "Mommy, I love you all the way to the sky." LOVE!
5. Responds with Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am, Yes Sir, No Sir (finally). We have been working on this one for a while and although she would say it, she wouldn't say it the first time on her own. We would have to say, "Do we say yeah to Mommy?" to which she would respond, "No, we say Yes Ma'am." Now she just responds with Yes Ma'am first which is a big step.
6. During meal times, her favorite thing to say is, "I'm going to make a happy plate and I'm not going to save Daddy ANY." It's just so funny because she really thinks it's hilarious. We think it's great because she usually cleans her plate or at least eats a really good bit of it.
7. She found a Looney Tunes DVD that I bought Josh before she was even born. Josh loves Looney Tunes. I put the DVD on for her this weekend and I have never heard her laugh like this before. She definitely has her father's sense of humor! It is so sweet to see them watching it together because they laugh at the same parts.
8. She is very excited about being a big sister. We find out if she is having a little brother or a little sister on April 9, so stay tuned!!
3. Although she is prissy and very much a girly girl, she often is against me putting her hair in a ponytail or pigtails. Most mornings if I ask her, "Emma, do you want your hair up in two or one tails today?" Her usual response is, "Nothing. I don't want my hair up." And she's very adamant about it too. Don't try to tell her you're "just brushing" her hair because she KNOWS what you are up to!
4. She is really into BIG hugs and kisses lately which we just eat up. There is nothing better than walking in a room and seeing that little face light up and run towards you at light speed with a tackle and a hug. She also has started saying "I love you" much more frequently to us. We'll just be sitting there together eating and she'll say, "Mommy, I love you all the way to the sky." LOVE!
5. Responds with Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am, Yes Sir, No Sir (finally). We have been working on this one for a while and although she would say it, she wouldn't say it the first time on her own. We would have to say, "Do we say yeah to Mommy?" to which she would respond, "No, we say Yes Ma'am." Now she just responds with Yes Ma'am first which is a big step.
6. During meal times, her favorite thing to say is, "I'm going to make a happy plate and I'm not going to save Daddy ANY." It's just so funny because she really thinks it's hilarious. We think it's great because she usually cleans her plate or at least eats a really good bit of it.
7. She found a Looney Tunes DVD that I bought Josh before she was even born. Josh loves Looney Tunes. I put the DVD on for her this weekend and I have never heard her laugh like this before. She definitely has her father's sense of humor! It is so sweet to see them watching it together because they laugh at the same parts.
8. She is very excited about being a big sister. We find out if she is having a little brother or a little sister on April 9, so stay tuned!!
Here is a picture from Sunday on our way to church - this was a rare time when she allowed the pigtails!


No comments:
Post a Comment