We all know how Emma loves to point out shapes so we were not surprised when one night a couple of weeks ago she said, "Daddy, I see two octagons." We WERE surprised however, when two seconds later she spotted three more octagons and she said, "Daddy, I see three more octagons - that makes FIVE octagons." Really?! She's adding now! It is adorable to watch her mind work. She adds everything now and she is so proud of herself.
The next day when I dropped her off at school I told her teachers how well she is doing with the adding that they are teaching her. Do you know what their response was? "We haven't started teaching her math yet!" I was stunned but I don't know why because she always shocks us with what she knows.
She is getting the biggest imagination lately. This weekend she had us playing one scenario after another. One minute we were on a mission to get her wand unstuck and then find the wand's Mommy and Daddy and then we were in her kitchen making a cake and waffles while singing Jesus Loves Me. Not sure which one of us had more fun!
I can also add sweetest little girl in the world to her resume. The other night I had a headache. She walked into the room, got up on the bed, gave me her baby doll, pulled the covers over me, kissed my forehead and said 'There, that will make my Mommy feel all better.' Melted my heart!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


Warms my heart!
ReplyDelete