This week I have been a little MIA because I was at training for work all week. I'm very happy to be home and spend some time with Emma and Josh. Emma was glued to me from the second she heard the garage door open tonight. I missed that baby so much! I know this sounds crazy, but I'm pretty certain that she grew while I was away even though there were technically only 2.5 days that I didn't see her.
On to the potty news...don't pretend like you're not on the edge of your seat right now!
1. When Josh got Emma up yesterday morning, her diaper was barely wet. This has never happened to this extent so he was worried that maybe she was dehydrated. He put right on the potty and she pee-peed right away! Yay! This shows that she is learning to train her bladder and hold it more. It's awesome that she's going immediately when she sits on the potty versus having to wait around for 5 or 10 minutes like we used to.
2. Tonight as I was making her bath, she sat on her potty. She looked at me and said 'poo poo.' As unexciting as that sounds to most of you out there, this was THE highlight of my day. She's really getting it now. I think she was a little scared at first and although she did not end up going, she did try. So I consider this a huge stride.
Isn't it funny how your priorities change once kids are in the picture? I never imagined I'd be writing about this subject but they are milestones! And that's the whole point of this blog - to document her growth, her successes, her knowledge and our love for her. Sorry if this was a little too much information for some of you, but next time you'll know that if the word "potty" appears in the subject, you should move along and wait for the next post. :)
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


Go Emma!! I love to hear about her milestones...potty pooping and all!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! What a smart girl!
ReplyDelete