They're doing it again...Emma and James are growing up in the blink of an eye! Here are some things that they have been up to lately.
James still eats all the time. His favorite foods right now are: tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, raspberries, strawberries, apples, meatballs, and yogurt. He loves getting a juice box and he wonders why we kept them from him for so long. He will drop anything he is doing if you say, "James do you want to go get some milk?"
He completely understands everything we say and do. He will respond with head nods for yes and no which is very helpful. His favorite words are: Mama, Dada, cat, dog, and that. He has said Sis, tree and umbrella on a couple of occasions.
Emma is becoming so grown up. She has very thoughtful conversations with us now and asks questions incessantly. Tonight I played Go Fish with her and after she asked if I had any swordfish, I gave her three from my hand. Since that gave her a match, she said, "Sweet!" She won that game of Go Fish as she always does...I don't even let her win anymore, but she still does.
She is 100% girl...if there is something pink, frilly or related to a princess, she is in. She came up to Josh last weekend in this outfit and said, "I'm fancy." She definitely is! For about two weeks straight, she wore a tiara to school. She'd wear a princess dress every day if I would let her.
She is THE best big sister. She watches over James so sweetly. On Fridays at school, they get prizes with the dollars they earn during the week. For three weeks straight, she picked something out for James instead of herself. When James was first starting to walk, I told her that he walked from the bathroom all the way to the couch by himself. She squealed, clapped and said, "Oh James, that deserves a hug" and gave him the biggest squeeze.
She must be going through a growth spurt because she is a bottomless pit lately. She was never a big fan of fruit, but over the last couple of months she has branched out and now loves strawberries, watermelon, grapes, bananas, apples, raspberries and pineapple.
James started walking some over the weekend of October 25. Then by the week of November 4, he was walking more than he was crawling. Now there is no stopping him. He thinks he can go as fast as his sister and he tries to run and then he face plants into the floor. He always has a bump on his forehead. He can climb up on the couch now so it's a good thing we taught him how to get down from the couch a couple of weeks ago. He is the most curious little thing I've ever seen. He takes after his daddy in too many areas to count. But he takes after me in that he is a hugger and snuggler. I love it!
Emma is so smart. She is really taking to reading lately. She already knew the alphabet and the sounds that each letter made, but just recently she has started to read and spell. We'll be driving and all of a sudden she'll say, "Mommy, that sign says GO." She makes cards at school and she writes "I Love From Emma." She can spell Mommy, Daddy and James by herself so she typically fills in the blank with one of those.
She is happy and giggly and a rule follower.
He is happy and giggly and rule breaker.


No comments:
Post a Comment