October 7, 2013

ONE

We took some pictures of James when he turned one and they turned out so cute!  Here are the pictures and some one year facts about our boy.

He is a daredevil.  He has no fear.  He will propel himself off of any object, so you must be on your toes at all times.

At this age, he still gets giddy when Emma walks into a room.  They love each other which warms my heart!  He also LOVES his Nala.  For some reason, she doesn't run away scared.  She seeks him out and then lets him pet {I use that term loosely} her.  She is so sweet with him.

His favorite foods are tomatoes, Brussels sprouts and any fruit.  He will never turn his nose up to meat and he wonders why we kept juice off his radar for this long.  The only food he will not is eggs.

He now has fourteen teeth.  It's no secret why we call him a shark.

He is 100% BOY...and I couldn't be more thrilled.  I was clearly not prepared for this but then again, nobody ever is.  He never sits down in the tub.  I always wondered who needed the covers to go over their tub spicket...now I know the answer: people who have sons.  If I didn't have one of those on our tub, we quite possibly would've had a couple of hospital visits by now.

He barely naps but yet, he goes 1,000 miles per hour all day long.  How does he do it??

Like most kids his age, he is fascinated by remote controls and cell phones.  And somehow he knows if we give him an old remote that no longer works.  He just looks at it as if he wonders why we ever thought we could pull one over on him.

He is a man of little words {no words besides mama/dada}, but he ALWAYS gets his thoughts conveyed.  He points, he grunts, he manages.  Sometimes Emma decides "what he says" and we just go with that.  For instance: Me - "James, would you rather have green beans or corn?"  And Emma responds, "He said he wants green beans because his favorite color is green."  Me: "Okay, sure - we'll have green beans tonight."  Sidenote: James' favorite color has been green since he was four months old in case you were wondering.  At least Emma is consistent with her interpretation.

He has recently discovered the stairs.  It's a known problem and we're working on it.

It's been an eventful year.  I can't wait to see what the next one holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters