When Josh picked the kids up on Friday,
James' teacher asked Josh if he was a marine. Josh said no but explained
that his father was. His teacher said, "Okay we were just wondering
because that is the nickname we have given James because he is so tough
and strong." That was probably the best thing anybody could have told
Josh about his son.
Now we all refer to him as the little marine because he IS so tough and strong. He always
has a scrape, a bruise, a bump or a knot on his head. It concerned me
at first because Emma never even has so much as a scrape. Now that it has been
almost a year, I realize that it's just part of being a boy. He is
rough and tumble...and I do mean tumble...he is always falling and
rolling around.
He is always on the go. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he never stops moving. Even in his sleep he rolls around. You can't hold him still and don't even try holding him down. You can easily break a sweat while trying to change his diaper. Sometimes it takes me and Josh to get the diaper securely on.
Sometimes he exhausts even himself...and he finally just gives out.
He will probably one day eat us out of house and home. The other night we were eating shrimp for dinner and he just kept eating and eating. The boy ate more than I did! Emma said at the end of the meal, "Daddy, he's your son for sure." She is right about that...
James is all boy and I couldn't be more in love with him. When Emma was a baby I was so glad I had a girl because I just didn't think I could be a "boy mom." I'm jumpy and nervous and I like things tidy. James is doing his VERY best to fix all of that. I'm pretty sure he is going to toughen me and his sister up. I love being this boy's mommy!


No comments:
Post a Comment