Little James started with a cough about a week ago. I took him to the doctor and we ended up with breathing treatments like his sister. He took the first one like a champ! So much so that the nurse was impressed and took a picture of him.
The sound lulls him into a comfortable position and he almost always falls asleep. This has made us put serious thought into buying a noise machine since it works so well.
It's not always rosy though...After one of his treatments he was very displeased so I turned on my phone and pointed the camera at him. He LOVES to see himself and was tickled when I let him hold it all by himself. He actually ended up taking this picture of himself. Pretty good for his first photo!
After a couple of days of breathing treatments, he began to show signs of improvements. He is now doing great and we pray it continues. In the midst of this, he cut another tooth. We are up to six teeth now! All the more to enjoy his solid food. His teacher at school said that he will gnaw on anything that is in his path...which includes other children if they come in his vicinity!
His temperament never ceases to amaze us. He is such a happy baby. I love his smile and how he buries his face in my shoulder when he gets excited. He still loves Emma and literally kicks his feet with joy when she comes into the room. He has recently discovered our cat and has an overwhelming enthusiasm for her. She just sits next to him and lets him grab at her fur. We are so blessed!




Christian has a humidifier that is pretty loud. It has always put him to sleep. He needs white noise to sleep...just like his mama.
ReplyDeletePoor baby! I think every kid has to go through the breathing machine at some point... Both of mine have. I should have bought the machine, we rented it so many times we could have paid for it!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he has 6 teeth! He is 4 ahead of Vera! WOW!
SO precious! I think James and Emma look alike...they are so sweet together. She is such a good big sister! Love seeing all of your pictures!
Julie
Both of my kids LIVE on that nebulizer. Best $150 ever spent!
ReplyDelete