Thankfully, on Saturday we had a fantastic day...so for all intensive purposes, Saturday was Father's Day in this house. Here is a recap:
Make thumbprint art for Daddy:
Finished product - turtle thumbprints. I love them!
Emma got hungry after the thumbprints and some shopping, so we stopped by and got her a hotdog. This hotdog was a foot long and at least double the size of a normal, every day hotdog. Here she is wolfing it down. She ate an entire half, including the bun. We just knew she wouldn't eat lunch with us when we went a little later on.
But we were so wrong! She ate pickles, shrimp, a hush puppy, and some french fries. She was a bottomless pit that day!
After eating, we let her run off some energy as she looked at the waterfall and some fish. There was an aquarium inside that Emma absolutely adored. It made us contemplate getting a fish tank. The jury is still out.
Emma was a Daddy's girl this whole day.
After her nap, we went and fed the ducks at the lake. As any other young diva would do, she had to change outfits and put on sunglasses, a necklace and a bracelet. I'm sure the ducks and turtles were glad that she put forth the extra effort to accessorize.
This is Josh and Emma letting a duck eat out of their hand. It made me nervous, but Emma thought it was hilarious.
Swimming in the back yard in the new pink pool Josh bought for her.
Emma's babysitter brought her old doll crib and changing table set over this weekend. Of course Emma took right to it and had it all set up in no time. Thanks Heather, for passing along your baby furniture!
A big Happy Father's Day to my Dad today too! I am very blessed that I have you in my life. I miss you and love you!


Get well soon! strep is tough!!
ReplyDeleteSorry Josh got strep too. I hope you're all feeling better!
ReplyDelete