This afternoon as Emma and I were playing with blocks and pretending they were choo choo trains, Emma looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I happy." That warmed my heart.
Throughout the day I noticed how grown up she's becoming. That broke my heart and filled my heart all at the same time.
While playing before bedtime Emma was riding around on her horse while calling out "Yee-haw" and holding her pink hat in hand. That made me laugh.
At 7:30 tonight, I noticed that Emma felt warm and after taking her temperature I realized she had a temperature of 99.5. That made me panic.
When I was tucking her into bed tonight, I whispered in her ear, "Mommy loves you, Emma." Without hesitation, she whispered back, "I love you, Mommy." That made me tear up.
Emma gives me every emotion on the spectrum...and I love every minute.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment