May 11, 2011

The Patient

Emma had her tubes replaced this morning and after looking at her adenoids, the doctor decided to take them out. They were very enlarged and removing them will help her sleep better and cut down on being sick.

We had to be at the hospital by 7:00 but despite being tired, she was in a good mood and played in the cars they had for the kids.


When the nurse brought her to us after the surgery, she said that Emma had the sweetest disposition as she came out of the anesthesia. We were home by 9:15. She ate peanut butter crackers and drank some chocolate milk before taking a snooze until about 12:00. When she woke up, she was already back to her regular cheerful self.

She went straight to coloring. I knew she felt better when she requested her head band!


She told me she was "flying" while she was coloring this picture.

Don't even ask...

After a couple of hours she wanted to lay down and watch a movie...

So I got her pillow from upstairs and made us some popcorn for a snack.

She was so sweet all day long. Even though the surgery lasted less than 20 minutes, I was nervous the whole time. I did not like handing her over to the nurse and watching the doors close behind her. I knew she'd be okay, but a mom always worries. I'm so thankful everything went smoothly and she's recovering quickly!

1 comment:

  1. glad it's over and she did well. i don't blame you for being nervous. i wouldn't have even handled it as well as you did...even if it was only a 30 second surgery. thank goodness it's over and she is going to feel better now! colton says hi!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters