Taking a walk along the Mississippi River
FINALLY eating dinner at Irene's...we didn't get seated until 10:15!
Of course we had to have a few beignets at Cafe du Monde
All of the trees along Magazine Street had tons of Mardi Gras beads in them
We took a cooking class one night and it was AMAZING!! The chef who taught us is from the popular restaurant, Mr. B's. It was great to have him share his stories and secrets with us. He is the one who came up with Mr. B's famous BBQ Shrimp and Gumbo Yaya recipes.
First on the menu that night: BBQ Shrimp (no actual BBQ sauce in the recipe for those who have not had this dish before)...it was so good that I will probably dream about it for a couple of months.
Next up: Crawfish Etoufee. Melted in our mouths! We also made Gumbo Yaya but I was so excited about it, I forgot to take a picture. Use your imaginations.
All of this butter...
...Was used in the preparation of Crepes Suzette's for dessert. Here I am flipping my crepe along side the chef.
The best Bloody Mary and cucumber drink we have ever had. This was at a restaurant called the Green Goddess.
Josh has always wanted to try Mofungo and he finally got his chance at the Green Goddess. It was very interesting and delicious.
I got the crawfish and grits
Then we ended the meal with a bacon and praline ice cream sundae...yes, you read correctly...BACON is sprinkled on this sundae. One word - heavenly!
We also went to the Wine & Food festival during our trip. Here is one of the more interesting dishes.
Emma had a grand time with Mimi this weekend. Here she is with her new pony


No comments:
Post a Comment