James' first week at home was great...and exhausting. He is the sweetest little thing though and we are head over heels for him. James visited the pediatrician on Thursday and his weight was up to 8 pounds 8 ounces which means he had gained 8 ounces since he was discharged from the hospital on Monday! We also got the great news that his galactosemia test was negative so he is free and clear to have breast milk or regular milk now.
I am currently nursing and pumping but I'm not going to sugar coat it and say it's going 100% smoothly. It's a tough road. Since we were waiting on his test results before breast feeding him, Thursday was his first time to give it a whirl. He did very well for his first time but it is still painful and he gets frustrated because he has to work a lot harder for the milk. I'm doing my best but it's not easy to nurse him, then feed him a bottle to top him off if he gets too frustrated to keep going, and then finish pumping on top of that. It's a long process so the past couple of days I have been mostly pumping and then giving him that milk in the bottle.
He eats about 4 ounces every 4 hours during the day. At night, he typically goes 5 hours between feedings and sometimes even 6 hours. This may be a fluke but I'm praying it's his new routine!
How can you not fall in love with this?
Emma went to Home Depot with Papa & Mimi one day. She said she was "in the jungle" in this picture.
When Mommy sits down, all the kids want to be as close as possible...
Nala is feeling quite comfortable with the new addition to the family. Apparently his booty is a perfect place to rest her head.


Awww! I love him! And you!
ReplyDeleteLove love love! So sweet!
ReplyDeleteJessica,
ReplyDeletehe is so perfect and beautiful! I am so happy for y'all and so glad that he is doing better! You had a rough time in the hospital it sounds like! Glad all is going okay now. Hang in there... I know it's tough in the first few weeks. Looks like Emma is doing GREAT with her new role as big sister! :) I am thinking of you!