April 12, 2012

Easter 2012

What is to follow is a ridiculous amount of pictures...I didn't know how many I had until I was well into the post. Apparently we had a very full Easter weekend! Enjoy...

On Good Friday, we relaxed, had fun and dyed Easter eggs.

Gently dropping the eggs in.
She was very proud that she got all the eggs into the dye without breaking any.
Saying hi to Nala while we wait on the eggs to do their thing in the dye.
She got hungry during all the hard work...Josh offered her a boiled egg and surprisingly she ate the whole thing. Good thing we had a couple of extra eggs.
Her favorite one was the multicolored egg.
We put the animal stickers on after the eggs dried.
Finished product.

On Saturday, we went to the park for a Helicopter Egg Drop. Sounds fun right? It was...BUT the amount of children versus the egg ratio was terrible. The word mayhem jumps to my mind. I'm glad we went, but we wont' be attending next year.

Before the drop, we played on the playground and did some of the games they had there. She could've stayed in this swing all afternoon.
The ball blends with the background, but it is about to go in the hole.
Finally time for the first helicopter egg drop. Picture about 400 three to six year olds...now picture only 100 eggs. The result was a lot of upset 3 year olds with no eggs. Emma was one of those 3 year olds with no eggs. She was so upset.
The droves of people on the hunt.
On the second drop (10 minutes later), Josh and Emma took off and they got TWO eggs! Trust me, this was awesome and Emma was thrilled. She especially enjoyed the chocolate inside.
And then on our way out, they did another drop and she happen to grab two more. Score!

After all the hard work, we decided to reward ourselves with some ice cream. It was delicious.
We even ran into her friend, Ellie.
Headed to lunch. I think we were all thankful to be done with the chaos.
On Sunday, we were all excited to celebrate Easter. It was great this year because Emma understood the true meaning of Easter more than she has in the past. After church she kept saying, "Jesus is alive! Jesus is alive!" It was so sweet to hear her discuss how Jesus died on the cross and now he lives again.

Of course, she was also excited about the Easter Bunny's visit. He was good to her this year...and Mimi & Papa sent the chicken and the car and JD & Honey sent the bubbles and the ladybug candy.
Excited about her Easter treats in her basket.
She loved these rings...she doesn't know yet that they have bubbles in them. I decided to wait to reveal this to her since we had to get to church and I knew it would turn into a big thing. So adorable in her Easter dress that Mimi made her. I love it!

Daddy and his girl.
Me and Emma with baby boy baking in the belly.

After church we hid Easter eggs outside since she didn't get the full hunt experience the day before.

It was all fun and games until she got something in her shoes and the bugs started to aggravate her.

So, we skipped to Plan B...hiding Easter eggs inside! After we hid some she said, "Mommy, this is so much better."

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! She is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Josh's shirt. Looks like you all had a fun Easter. Hope to meet that precious girly of yours one day. Also....super excited to see that you are having another baby...and a boy, Super exciting.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... She's so sweet! She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Counters from SimpleCount.com
Free Web Counters