Picture it...I'm in the kitchen one afternoon and I hear Emma scream from the other room, "Mommy, I need HELP!" As you can imagine, I drop what I'm doing and race over to her all the while asking her what is wrong. Here is how it went once I got to the room...
Me: Emma, what's wrong baby? Did you hurt yourself?
Emma: No - Mommy, you have to help me save the baby hippos.
Me: What?!?
Emma: Mommy, get on the boat with me {as she points to the couch}. I saved these baby hippos and they lost their mommy and their daddy and they are hungry...and they are sad. We have to help them!
Her imagination is running wild these days. The above conversation lasted a good 30 minutes. And for those of you on the edge of your seats, don't worry - we DID in fact find the baby hippos mommy and daddy. And along the way, we found them food. Logically, another one of our stops was to find them an outfit to wear...because they were cold - duh!
That whole story was 100% Emma. I love how imaginative she is and how she really gets into the story. She told me everything from how old they were to what colors they were (brown and red by the way).
Recently, we were in the middle of a bath and she stopped and got very serious. She said, "Mommy, look up!" I looked up half expecting to see a bug but there was nothing there. She could tell I wasn't getting it so she elaborated. "Mommy, look at all the beautiful butterflies. You see?" Once I realized we were in pretend land, we then spent the rest of the bath talking about how many there were, what colors they were, and where they were all headed.
I love it! You never know where you will end up traveling when you are with her. One day you're on a boat and then next day she needs my help fixing the choo choo train's wheel.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
5 weeks ago


at leat you don't have to sword fight and beat up bad guys! ha!
ReplyDelete